Thursday, June 29, 2006

Let’s connect the dots

While I was away, so much has happened. Allow me to play a little game of connecting the dots (or more aptly titled “Everything is Everything”).


I missed an article by Robert Kennedy Jr. in “Rolling Stone magazine” outlining the discrepancies in the 2004 Presidential election. Interesting stuff since he states part of the problem is that we are paying too much attention to Brangelina and not enough attention to the issues. GUILTY AS CHARGED. But we can do both right?!
Check out the article here

The Roots have a new album out. And there are some political tracks on the album; maybe they are as outraged as Robert K. on the state of the US democracy (of lack thereof). See, not everyone is interested in Bragelina.
There was a lot of noise surrounding this new Roots album. “Are they selling out”, “How will they fit in at Def Jam”. But I just had a quick listen to the album and the worries just aren’t justified.


The Roots are on now happily on Def Jam. And their boss gave a concert this week in New York. Which should have been titled “Oh I forgot I was retired concert”


Here performing with his leading lady.

Foxy was in the house.

Doesn’t Foxy look like she doesn’t wash down there??


Keeping up the Cristal boycott.
Since Jay does talk about giving back. I love this lyric: “And I can't help the poor if I’m one of them. So I got rich and gave back. To me that's the win, win”

Well Jay, that’s all nice but someone is living those lyrics a little more than you.
Warren Buffet announced this week that he will give away 85% of his fortune to charity. Ahh yes “the win win….””


The bulk of Warren’s billions will go to the Gates Foundation. The Gates foundation does awesome work with vaccinations in the third world, AIDS prevention and improvement of US high schools (just to name a few).

Our favorite “know-it-all” on those subjects gave the most boring interview ever to Anderson Cooper.


I just couldn’t watch the whole thing. So I’m not sure if she talked about where her next long suffering child will come from. Any guesses?


Pictures of another long suffering child appeared on the net.
Poor little Bobby Christina

This picture just screams “sex me”. See Angelina there are children in good ol' USA that need you to save them too!

Say it isn't so....

And someone is now crying for a job. Our Stah has announced that she was fired will leave The View in July.
You’re fired!

Star blindsided Barbara and the gang by making the announcement on air and a month early. But then after the show the fireworks really started when Barbara and Star took the fight to the streets.
Barbara said:
"It is becoming uncomfortable for us to pretend that everything is the same at this table," show creator Walters. "Therefore, regrettably, Star will no longer be on this program."
"We gave her time to look for another job and hoped that she would announce it on this program and leave with dignity," Walters said. "But Star made another choice."

Then Star said:

"It's a little shocking to me that Barbara feels betrayed. I was really surprised that Barbara feels betrayed. If you watched me yesterday, I said that she was the most amazing mentor and I thanked her for the most amazing opportunity. My departure was orchestrated some time ago. And while I can accept any business decision, it's hard to accept the manner in which it was handled during the last two months. But, if you use words like betrayal, if anyone should be betrayed, it should be me! Barbara didn't have my back. "

This show sucked anyway but without Stah it will be even more pointless. Although Stah may actually be the most annoying person on the face of the earth. I do hope that she get a gig soon.
She just provides too many opportunities to snark.

The new token.

Renee Elise Goldsberry. Apparently she is part of the cast of "One Life to Live"
Barbara to CEO of ABC: Do we have any black women on the payroll?
CEO: I think we have a negro woman on the cast of one of our daytime shows.

Another celebrity seems to be out of work .I guess after Chris Rock roasted him at last year’s Oscars he decided to take a prolonged break.

Remember when Jude Law was HOT?! Not so much anymore….proof that womanizing can take its toll (and I’m sure his drug use doesn't help)

The reigning champion of hotness attended the premiere of the new “Pirates of the Caribbean” film

Even with those awful shades, he looks YUMMY! No one can pull off creepy and sexy at the same time as our man Johnny.

Someone who’s not SEXY.
Serena posing with Christina Milian (also searching for work). Is that a nipple trying to peek out?


Speaking of nipples. The ever shrinking Janet was out this week.

Why are the Jacksons constantly transforming themselves?

Keeping with the theme of crazy families. Tori Spelling came crying to People about how her mother didn’t tell her how serious her father’s condition was. All she had to do was turn on news to find out.

Bad move Tori, you may really be out of the will

And who is gracing the cover a major magazine?


The wonders of airbrushing always amazes me.


But even airbrushing couldn't help vivi

Her face is just getting worse.....

They can't be serious right?!


And allow me to end by saying check out the new Gnarls Barkely ablum- St. Elsewhere.
Tell next time....
K.V.

-->

<< Home