Friday, April 21, 2006

Damn Tired.

I made the blog public last week and now it’s available to anyone on the web. Even those that worship celebrities rather than berate them.
Was anyone else just plain bored by the birth of the alien Cruise baby?

Off topic: I’ve been a bit absent minded lately. I actually went to the airport on Tuesday for my flight and I hadn’t actually booked a ticket. I didn’t get to the office until late Tuesday afternoon, which overall was not necessarily a bad thing. I think the awful weather in Western Europe is finally getting to me. But don’t cry for me Argentina.
Since this week has been incredibly busy, my brother has helped me out with this week’s post. Thanks Randy! Guess which posts are his and which ones are mine.
There won’t be a book review this week. I’m catching up on some biographies- currently reading the biography of Richard Wright. If anyone wants to review a book or recommend a book e-mail me at: desperatelyfabulous@gmail.com

Random: Why do people think it’s okay to use the word bitch as part of their everyday vocabulary?

My favorite fashion reporter Robin Givhan won a Pulitzer this week- check out some of her handy work here: Wash Post

Mos Def did an interview with the Source magazine about the state of hip-hop. Some questions we need to start asking hip-hop artists. When will hip-hop stop degrading and overly sexuallizing black woman? It will make you dance but at what cost? Look to the Duke rape case for the answers to that question.

Mos Def quoted from the Source Magazine:
"Our priorities is gettin' f*cked. Lil Jon-I
love his music. But why are the East Side Boyz names Big Sam and Lil Bo? What the f*ck? What's next, Kunta and Kinte? The South should know better. This is the same country that ran up in Fred Hampton's crib and shot him in bed with his pregnant wife. You think the rules changed cause niggas got No. 1 records? What are we supposed to tell our kids? After Malcolm, Martin and Dubois we got Sam-Bo? I'm supposed to be down with that 'cause it makes me dance?"
"



Easy, breezy, beautiful, cover girl! Lovin' her hair. She must have finally found a professional hair stylist- perfect weave!!
Jay: "If you don't stop talking during this game"



"No, I'm not really drinking this can of Sprite. I just want people to think that food and liquids actually touch my lips"



I need to follow Janet’s lead and start getting SERIOUS (again) about going to the gym. I just got some sunglasses like the ones she's wearing and love them! They also look good on her.



Apparently someone cares about the birth of the cruise baby. Or maybe Tom hired them to wait outside his house- very likely.



Jamie Foxx was in London promoting his album. For some reason I didn't get the invitation to the party. Maybe some of Sade's class and non-famewhoring will rub off on Jamie.



Halle and her new man. Is that a bit of a pooch in the stomach area?

Although Whitney is now in rehab, it may be too late for Bobby C.






Unbreakable- hopefully. They're so cute!

Comedy Central is finishing the production of Chappelle show. In place of Chappelle, the last episodes will be co-hosted by "Chappelle's Show" co-creator Neal Brennan (the guy that stopped laughing with Dave and started laughing at him), and Charlie Murphy and Donnell Rawlings.

Hail to the Queen!

Happy Birthday! A bit imperialist but she does have to put up Charles.

That's all I got this week folks.
K.V.

-->

<< Home